- GT Academy 2014 Introduction
The GT Academy is a driver discovery/development program started in 2008 through a collaboration between Gran Turismo and Nissan. Online qualifiers are held within Gran Turismo, and the top qualifiers are invited to National Finals in each participating country. Those who pass this final will then participate in a Race Camp held at Silverstone, UK, for the final selection. The final winner will undergo an intensive Driver Development Programme designed by Nissan, and will participate in races around the world as a professional driver.
GT Academy is coming back in 2014 as the 6th installment. The online qualification starts on 21 April whitin Gran Turismo 6, exclusively on PlayStation®3. We hope to see you online!
Please note that those who do not live in the participating countries below can still enjoy the contents of the online events, however they will not be included in the final selection process of the GT Academy 2014.
Online Event Schedule
|8:00 (BST) 21 April 2014 until 07:59 (BST) 16 June 2014||Round 1|
|8:00 (BST) 5 May 2014 until 07:59 (BST) 16 June 2014||Round 2|
|8:00 (BST) 19 May 2014 until 07:59 (BST) 16 June 2014||Round 3|
|8:00 (BST) 2 June 2014 until 07:59 (BST) 16 June 2014||Round 4 (Final Qualification Round)|
* You can start anytime before the end of Round 4.
GT Academy 2014 Participating Territories
|Region||Group||Territory||Total No. Qualifiers to National Finals||No. Qualifiers to National Finals from Online Event||No. Qualifiers to Race Camp||Race Camp Date|
|Belgium & Luxembourg||14||7||3||TBD|
- Recent News
- Last Update: 06/10/2014
- First Japanese Super GT Victory for Lucas Ordóñez
- GT Academy
- Lucas Ordóñez, the first GT Academy winner, has achieved his first GT300 Class victory. The win came in the 7th round of the Super GT series, held at Chang International Circuit, Thailand, on the 5th of October. The Chang International Circuit is a brand new course that just opened in eastern Thai...
- Last Update: 16/09/2014
- Introducing the Nissan GT-R NISMO, available for free to all GT Academy 2014 participants
- GT Academy , Gran Turismo®6
- Nissan and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe have announced that the brand new Nissan GT-R NISMO is now available for Gran Turismo®6. The GT-R NISMO is the ultimate articulation of the R35 GT-R. First released in 2007, Nissan engineers have been meticulously honing the GT-R’s performance with each ...
- Last Update: 27/08/2014
- 2014 European GT Academy Winner Decided
- GT Academy , Event Report
- Silverstone – 06 August, 2014: The NISMO PlayStation® GT Academy 2014 European Race Camp drew to a thrilling conclusion at the UK’s Silverstone circuit today as Gaëtan Paletou, 22 from Barzun in France, was crowned champion. He will now go on to enjoy four months in one of the most advanced and succ...
- Last Update: 28/07/2014
- Jann Mardenborough Grabs Another GP3 Podium
- GT Academy
- Jann Mardenborough had another successful weekend in the GP3 Series, taking a podium finish at the Hungarian round of the championship. The young Brit had to work hard in Saturday’s race – he qualified in 13th place after a red flag stopped his fastest run – but he got stuck in and took a very cred...
- Last Update: 22/07/2014
- GT Academy Graduate Jann Mardenborough Wins GP3 Race at German Grand Prix
- GT Academy
- Virtual-to-reality, gamer-to-racer, sim-to-win - call it what you like! Jann Mardenborough showed the world he has got what it takes to win in GP3 at the weekend, against the cream of the crop of single-seater racing talent. A polished and composed drive from pole position saw Jann take the chequere...