- GT Academy 2015 Introduction
The GT Academy is a driver discovery/development program started in 2008 through a collaboration between Gran Turismo and Nissan.
The first stage consists of online qualifiers organised within Gran Turismo. The top qualifiers in the Asian and International regions will proceed to their National Finals and the winners will be invited to participate to Race Camp in Silverstone, UK. The top qualifiers in the European region will qualify directly to Race Camp in Abu Dhabi. The final winner of the region will then undergo an intensive Driver Development Programme designed by Nissan and will be given an opportunity to participate in the Dubai 24 Hours race held in January 2016.
The 7th edition of GT Academy will start its online qualifiers from 21 April 2015 within Gran Turismo 6, exclusively on PlayStation®3. We hope to see you online!
Please note that those who do not live in the participating countries listed below can still enjoy the content of the online events, however they will not be included in the final selection process.
Online Event Schedule
Take a time trial challenge on the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit using a Nissan GT-R NISMO! You can advance to Round 2 with a Bronze or better result.
On a flat and wide track like Silverstone your driving line is very important. To shorten lap times you’ll need to minimise your deceleration in the corners as much as possible, adjusting your driving line to barely touch the inside curbstones of every turn.
Take a time trial challenge on the Brands Hatch GP circuit, using the GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN! You can advance to Round 3 with a Bronze or better result.
As in Round 1 the car is still a GT-R, but this is the GT3 racing car version. With powerful downforce and racing tyres, the car’s performance is significantly improved. In this round it will be important to make use of the full potential of this high performance racing machine.
Take a time trial challenge around Spa-Francorchamps using a LMP2 class prototype racing car: the Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport! You will receive this car just by participating (*) in the event and can advance to the final round by obtaining Bronze or better.
With a smooth revving engine and straightforward handling, the car is surprisingly easy to drive. However, you'll still have to watch out for a sudden loss of balance that is characteristic to racing cars when their limit has been exceeded. You'll want to be especially careful on the throttle in mid- to low-speed corners, where the car’s balance can be easily disturbed.
(Regardless of your lap time, you must drive at least 1 full timed lap.)
- Round 4 (Final Qualification Round)
- 8:00 (BST) 2 June 2015 until 07:59 (BST) 16 June 2015
- Read More
The Nissan GT-R LM NISMO is a car developed by the Nissan Motor Company for use in the Le Mans 24 Hour Endurance race and the FIA World Endurance Championships. It introduces revolutionary design into everything about the car, including its power train, body and mechanism. The GT Academy Final Round will be a time trial event using this LMP1 Class racing car on the famous "Circuit de la Sarthe". You will receive this car just by participating in this event(*).
Those residing in countries/regions hosting the GT Academy will be able to advance to the national final by placing in the upper ranks of this time trial. (For details please visit http://www.gran-turismo.com).
(*Regardless of your lap time, you must drive at least one full timed lap.)
* You can start any time before the end of Round 4.
How to participate in the online qualifiers
Launch Gran Turismo 6 on PlayStation®3 and select the [GT Academy 2015] option within the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section of "My Home" screen, available during the online qualification period. Please note that you need to update Gran Turismo 6 to the latest version by connecting your PlayStation®3 online.
GT Academy 2015 Participating Territories
|Region||Group||Territory||No. Qualifiers from Online Event||No. Qualifiers from Live Events||No. Qualifiers to Race Camp|
|GT Academy Europe||France||France||4||4||8|
|Belgium & Luxembourg||2||2||4|
|GT Academy Asia||India||India||10||10||6|
|GT Academy International||Turkey||Turkey||10||10||6|
- Recent News
- Last Update: 23/06/2015
- Team GT Academy Takes the Overall Win and Leads the Blancpain Endurance Series
- GT Academy
- On 20 June (local time), the “Paul Ricard 1000 km” was held at the Paul Ricard circuit in France, round 3 of the Blancpain Endurance Series. The Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 (#23/PRO Class) of the Nissan GT Academy Team RJN (Wolfgang Reip/Alex Buncombe/Katsumasa Chiyo) took the overall win, and this is act...
- Last Update: 02/06/2015
- GT Academy 2015 - Round 4 Now Open to Win the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO In-game!
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6, GT6 News
- Round 4 (Final Round) of the GT Academy 2015 online event is now available within the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6". This is the Final Qualification Round. The participants of this round can obtain the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO in the game for free by completing a lap regardless of t...
- Last Update: 26/05/2015
- Jann Mardenborough Named as the 50th Most Marketable World Athlete by SportsPro Media
- GT Academy
- 2011 European GT Academy winner Jann Mardenborough has been announced as the fiftieth most marketable athlete in the world joining a list of superstars such as Messi, Bolt and Hamilton. Jann, who has progressed through the ranks of motorsport since his victory in 2011 NISMO PlayStation® GT Academy,...
- Last Update: 25/05/2015
- GT Academy Graduates Rise to Podium
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6
- While the GT Academy 2015 online qualifiers approaches its climax, the previous GT Academy graduates are continuing to produce outstanding results in the racing world. On Sunday 10 May, in the 2nd race of the GP3 series opening round held in conjunction with the F1 Spain Grand Prix, 2011 European c...
- Last Update: 19/05/2015
- GT Academy 2015 - Round 3 Now Open
- GT Academy, Gran Turismo®6, GT6 News
- Round 3 of GT Academy 2015 online events is now available within the PlayStation®3-exclusive title "Gran Turismo 6", for all to enjoy! While the GT Academy 2015 event is open, users can start from Round 1 at any time. For a list of participating countries and event schedules, please refer to the re...