Olympic Virtual Series Motor Sport Event
Please select the country (or locale) registered on your PSN Online ID.
Terms and Conditions “Olympic Virtual Series - Motor Sport Event” Competition US-CAN Region
Competition and Entry Requirements
- The “Olympic Virtual Series - Motor Sport Event” competition (“Competition”) is the result of a collaboration between Sony Interactive Entertainment, the International Olympic Committee (“IOC”) and the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (“FIA”). Sony Interactive Entertainment is hosting the Competition on behalf of the IOC which will be regulated by the FIA.
- Individuals must be at least 18 years old and must have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence on or before the day the Competition begins (the “Minimum Age Requirement”) in order to participate in the Competition.
- The Competition is open to persons residing in the US-CAN Region who (a) meet the Minimum Age Requirement in their jurisdiction of residence; (b) are not employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Organizer (as defined below) or a member of any of their immediate families, the Organizer's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition; (c) own or have access to a PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 console and an internet connection; (d) own or have access to a copy of Gran Turismo™ Sport compatible with your chosen console (“Game”); and (e) have a PlayStation Plus (“PS Plus“) membership and an account for PlayStation® Network. Individuals meeting these eligibility requirements are referred to as Entrants. Entrants may be required to provide documentary proof of their eligibility to enter the Competition. If an Entrant is unable to provide this proof when requested, the Organizer may disqualify that Entrant from the Competition and/or withhold their Prize.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein, including the terms set out in Schedule 1 (“Terms”).
- The Competition opens for entries on 13 May 2021 ("Opening Date") and last entries must be before 23 May 2021 ("Closing Date"). See Schedule 1 for more information. The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Entry Period”.
Entrants must be logged into their account for PSN to enter and to compete in the Competition. In order to compete in the Olympic Virtual Series Competition, Entrants must first register via the Game by completing the following steps during the Competition Entry Period:
- Complete the GT Sport Mode registration form which can be found within the Game where the GT Sport Mode registration form shall be presented to Entrants who select the ‘Sport’ Mode’ option within the Game during the Olympic Virtual Series Competition Entry Period. Entrants must then select to play in the “Olympic Virtual Series”.
- Accept the Terms that govern this Competition which will be shown in the Entry Form screen. By accepting the Terms, you agree to being filmed during the Competition by the Organizer and for the footage to be used by the Organizer and the IOC as set out in Schedule 1.
- You will then need to sign in with your PSN ID.
- After your PSN ID Sign-In you will be automatically directed to an FIA website to register for the Olympic Virtual Series Motor Sport Event: www.ovs.fia.com (“FIA Website”).
You will need to complete the form on the FIA Website. You will need to enter your personal information, including: name, date of birth, gender, country, email address, language and accept the Olympic Virtual Series - Motor Sport Event Sporting Regulations.
- After completion of the form on the FIA Website, you will be automatically redirected back to the in-game event page and a message confirming your entry is complete will be displayed.
- Entrants must enter the Competition in the manner and by the Closing Date and time specified. Failure to do so will disqualify that Entry.
- A PS Plus subscription is required to compete in the Competition. PS Plus membership is subject to a recurring subscription fee taken automatically until cancellation. Other terms and restrictions apply; see PS Plus terms of service (https://www.playstation.com/legal/psn-terms-of-service/) for further information.
- Each Entrant may only submit one (1) Entry for the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, the FIA GT Championships Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series are different tournaments to the ‘Olympic Virtual Series’ Competition. All competitions listed under the ‘Sport Mode’ of the Game, shall involve online races at different times.
- It is prohibited for Entrant(s) to create duplicate accounts in order to compete, to increase their chances of qualifying or progressing through the Competition or to disrupt another Entrant’s performance during a race. It is also prohibited to have someone else competing on behalf of an Entrant, and to intentionally exchange positions during a race. In such events, the Organizer reserves its right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify such Entrant(s).
- Competition winners and competition runners-up are defined in Schedule 1.
- There are no prizes for this Competition.
- The Organizer cannot accept any responsibility for any Competition entry, or any other correspondence related to the Competition, being lost or not being properly registered whatsoever as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which an Entrant suffers as a direct or indirect result of the Competition. However, the Organizer makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused as a result of its negligence.
- All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the Competition are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Organizer may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name on the Organizer’s website(s). Each Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those individuals enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Olympic Virtual Series – Motor Sport Event’ to the following address: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepoint Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404, United States within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date. If a Winner or Runner-Up objects to their name being published or made available, please contact the Organizer. Please note that the Organizer may be required to provide this information to a regulator.
- In the event of any dispute, the Organizer’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Competition, in its entirety or in part, or amend these Terms at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control (for Entrants residing in the province of Quebec, Canada, such cancellation or modification shall be with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (“Régie”).
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Organizer may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfil any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with these Terms, including Schedule 1, or uses multiple accounts and/or any automated system to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their Entry will be declared void.
- The “Organizer” of the Competition is: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepoint Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404, United States.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflict-of-law rules. Any dispute not subject to arbitration and not initiated in small claims court may be brought by either party in a court of competent jurisdiction in either the Superior Courts for the State of California in and for the County of San Mateo or in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, and the parties (Entrant and Organizer) exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts and to waive all jurisdictional, venue and inconvenient forum objections.
QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
1. Olympic Virtual Series – Motor Sport Event 2021
1.1 The Competition shall be online only and will consist of the following:
1.1.1 Olympic Virtual Series - Global Online Qualification (Time Trial Challenge)
- 1.1.2 Olympic Virtual Series – World Finals
Global Online Qualification
13 – 23 May 2021
6 June 2021
2. Olympic Virtual Series - Global Online Qualification (Time Trial Challenge)
2.1. Between 13 May 2021 and 23 May 2021, Entrants may take part in the Time Trial Challenge as many times as they wish with the aim to get the fastest lap time. All Entrants will be competing against each other in the same car, track and track conditions. Entrants will be able to check where they rank against others via a leaderboard.
2.2. Following the end of the Global Online Qualification, two (2) top-ranking Entrants from the US-CAN Region, shall proceed to the Olympic Virtual Series World Finals (the ‘US-CAN Finalists’).
3. Olympic Virtual Series - World Finals
3.1 The Olympic Virtual Series World Finals (‘World Finals’) is one (1) online event during which 16 Finalists selected globally, including the two (2) US-CAN Finalists, (the ‘World Finalists’) shall race to determine the Winner of the World Finals (the ‘Olympic Virtual Series Winner’). All World Finalists will be competing against each other in the same car, track and track conditions for each of the three online races making up the World Finals.
3.2 The World Finals shall take place on 6 June 2021.
3.3 There shall be a maximum of one (1) Entrant per Entrant Country (the ‘Country Cap’), up to a maximum of two (2) Entrants in total from the US-CAN Region who will make up the US-CAN Finalists.
3.4 In the event that a World Finalist is unable to participate in the World Finals, the Entrant with the next highest score in the Global Online Qualification may be invited to become a World Finalist and shall be notified as such by the Organizer, or by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer.
3.5 World Finalists will:
3.5.1 participate in a series of online races in Gran Turismo™ Sport, which will be defined by the Organizer and communicated to the World Finalists via email no later than one (1) week prior to the event by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer
3.5.2 wear clothes provided by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer
3.5.3 display decoration elements which shall be provided by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer
3.5.4 participate in test sessions if requested by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer
3.5.5 participate in the races with driver cameras (provided by Polyphony Digital Inc on behalf of the Organizer) and take part in any other content related activities such as video chat interview sessions if requested by Polyphony Digital Inc, on behalf of the Organizer
3.5.6 refrain from communicating about the online races without explicit consent from Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer, including, but not limited to: streaming the races, distributing results, etc.
3.5.7 follow guidelines provided by Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer regarding car liveries, driver liveries, car colour selection and other race related settings
3.5.8 use a Thrustmaster T-GT steering wheel and pedal set
3.6 World Finalists will participate in a series of races. Points will be awarded according to the results of these races; a final ranking will determine the Olympic Virtual Series Winner and runners-up.
3.7 The Organizer, and/or Polyphony Digital Inc. on behalf of the Organizer, shall provide information relating to the World Finals to the World Finalists by email to the email address provided by the Entrant in the GT Sport mode registration form.
4. FIA Regulations
4.1. The Competition will be regulated and sanctioned by the Fédération International de l’Automobile (FIA). Details of the regulations governing the Time Trial Challenge and the World Finals (including format, details of tracks & cars, qualifying and points ranking) are set out in the Olympic Virtual Series - Motor Sport Event Sporting Regulations, to be found on the registration page of the FIA: www.ovs.fia.com.
5. Capture and use of images for broadcast and publicity of the Olympic Vir-tual Series – Motor Sport Event 2021
5.1. By entering this Competition, Entrants confirm they will not communicate or discuss details about the Competition, including, but not limited to the: results, images/video of the races, livestreams of the races, etc.
5.2. By entering this Competition, Entrants provide their explicit consent to:
- 5.2.1. being filmed, televised, photographed, identified and/or otherwise rec-orded during the World Finals by the Organizer, and/or Polyphony Digi-tal Inc. on behalf of the Organizer;
- 5.2.2. Race Footage, captured or recorded image (together with the Entrant’s name, age, nationality, likeness, voice, performance and biographical information) being provided to the IOC by the Organizer to be used (including by reproducing, distributing, communicating to the public and making it available), in any content, format and through any media or technology whether now existing or created in the future, without payment, for the duration permitted by applicable law) by the IOC and any entity or company now existing or to be created, which is directly or indirectly controlled by the IOC and by third parties authorised by them (such as Organizing Committees for the Olympic Games or the Youth Olympic Games, National Olympic Committees, International Sports Federations, the Olympic Marketing Partners (TOP Partners and Rights-Holding Broadcasters), domestic partners and other commercial partners, broadcasters, news media organisations or social media platforms), for the following purposes:during and after the Olympic Virtual Series, for the duration permitted by applicable law, in relation to the preparation, operation, celebration and promotion of the Olympic Virtual Series, the Olympic Movement and/or the IOC and its activities, for commercial and non-commercial purposes, but excluding any use that decidedly or conspicuously creates a direct commercial association between the Entrant’s image and any product or service, without the Entrant’s consent; and
- 5.2.3. the Race Footage and images of the Entrant taken during the Entrant’s participation to be used together with related information (e.g., name, age, nationality, likeness, voice, performance and biographical information) by the IOC and/or the Organizer as part of the media coverage of the Olympic Virtual Series, or otherwise to inform the public about the Olympic Virtual Series and promote the Olympic Movement. This may also include teaser / highlights content on websites owned by the Organizer, and/or Polyphony Digital Inc., and on social media or blog posts connected to the Competition available worldwide.
5.3. To opt-out of this publicity or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information by the Organizer, please contact the Organizer at SIE-Privacy@sony.com.
I agree that by entering this Competition I will be filmed by Polyphony Digital Inc. (on behalf of Sony Interactive Entertainment) for the promotion of the Olympic Virtual Series and that this video footage (including images) will be shared with the International Olympic Committee for the purposes set out in the Terms and Conditions.